Jan 19, 2011

I Belong

These past few months have been filled with the quickest ups-and-downs I’ve had in a while. I’ve gone from thrilled…to nervous…to hopeful…to devastated…to faithful…to acceptance…to dependence…all in a short while. I think about how the Lord holds our hands through this life and what His comfort and guidance mean to me…

…everything.

One thing I know and keep learning in this life is that I would never want to live one second of the day without my Lord’s hand holding mine. He is my strength when I am weak. He is my hope when I have none left. He makes me happy.

Some people don’t like the idea of the Lord knowing our inner-most thoughts all the time; but this gives me peace. No one knows me more than the Lord and yet He still loves me. Isn’t that what we all truly desire…unconditional love? Aren’t we all looking for that special “someone” who will love us in spite of ourselves?

The Lord sees me and knows me…

…and I belong…

…not just to a 'something' or a 'someone'…

…but I belong to Him.

No comments: