Oct 26, 2007






I saw many things while I was in Paraguay. I ponder what I learned while I was there and what I can take with me as I return to my routine at home. The team I went with, the people I spent 12 days with were amazing. As a team we did more than any of us could have done alone. We loved sick children. We built them a swing set, a playground and made them tables and cabinets. We offered them medicine and hugs. But most of all, we offered them hope. I've learned that hope is a gift. Hope gives life. Hope sustains us. Without hope people perish. We worked hard while we were there, but the impact of what we did doesn't even come close to the impact that God's hope can give.

So, I keep asking myself this question. How can I offer hope? It might be different in each place. In Paraguay an aspirin or a touch on someone's shoulder offers a hope that someone might not understand in the U.S. But, hope needs to be shed everywhere. Jesus' love needs to be shown.

I thank the Lord for giving me the gift of Paraguay. I thank Him for allowing me to meet amazing new people there, where language held no barrier. I thank Him that I got to spend 12 days with people that amazed me and gave me encouragement and love. I thank Him that we worked hard and were blessed to see the fruit of our labor and anticipate even more.

There's really so much to say about our trip. But, I'll leave with this...through Christ's love all things are possible. I can't wait to see what He has in store for those who trust in Him.

2 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

my beautiful casey!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with you. But you know that. Hope is.... the start to joy, new beginnings, faith,and peace.. You such a wonderful writer. I miss you! So much has happened in the past two weeks. You must must call me! I want to hear all about your adventure! Love you more then all of my fav books

Mel said...

casey girl. it looks and sounds like you had such an amazing time and that our Father is working in your heart. I'm so proud of you. From the photos it looks like you were a wonderful big sister to those children. His love shines through you so brightly.