May 14, 2010

He Delights

My husband took today off. His brother, Tom, is getting married tomorrow so Wesley took the day off to help set up for the wedding. (Isn’t he so sweet?) So, last night I turned to Wes and said, “You get to sleep in tomorrow!” He replied with an enthusiastic, “I know!”

This morning I got out of bed a little before 6 a.m. When I came out of the bathroom to get something I see that our bed is empty. “Wesley?” I yell out. My husband pops around the corner and says, “I’m here!” So much for sleeping in! Wesley was up and bopping around at 6 a.m. this morning on his day off. Such a silly head.

Not really sure why I’m writing this except that I found it amusing. I love it when God’s kids live full of life and joy. And that’s what my husband reminded me of this morning. His face was beaming and he was up and ready to seize the day…even on his day off! I believe God delights in our joyful, child like hearts. I know I do.

We may not always have cheery mornings like Wesley had today; but when we do I know God is joining in on the fun as he laughs and watches us with delight…

“He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” Psalm 18:19

1 comment:

Marci said...

The little things in life are often the most wonderful! It's so sweet that he was excited and up early. God loves to show us His delight through simple things!