Apr 30, 2010

Jesus noticed

We say we do things for “Jesus” but do we always really? When we don’t get a “thank you” or “good job” doesn’t it irk us? I know time and time again I have to lay down my need for approval, that is, man’s approval. I tell myself I did “this or that” for Jesus but then when someone doesn’t notice how hard I worked at something I get a little peeved.

But Jesus noticed…

…and this brings a smile to my heart because in the end I really did want to do it just for Jesus. When I realize His approval is the only thing that truly matters I breathe a sigh of relief. I align myself once again, repent of my pride and thank Him for the grace to endure the “thankless” jobs. Because in the end I know that the “thankless” jobs are what bring Him the most glory.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I was just telling Wanie yesterday that it seems it isn't until I lose man's approval that I realize how sufficient and complete God's approval of me is. When I have man's approval, I am content with it and it has a hold on me - I don't realize how much of a hold until I start taking steps that others may disapprove and I feel fearful. Then I realize how important others' opinion of me has become. Thank God for his grace and faithfulness to root out anything in my life that keeps me from fully depending on him alone!

Marci Day said...

Thanks Case! A good reminder!