Apr 13, 2010

once again

God likes to give me life themes.

Lately it’s two words…”let go”. (He ususally makes it simple like this because he knows me...I need simple.)

They seem like easy words to follow…just let go! Be free! La-la-la! But, isn’t it a lot harder than it sounds?

But I feel like I’m slowly, and I mean slowly, learning how to let go and let God.

This morning I decided to let go of another “thing” that has really been weighing on me. It’s one of those things that just nag at you and you can’t control it but you keep trying to. Do you know what I mean? Well, this morning I decided I’m done. I really am going to let go. And guess what? I feel a lot better! (And no, I didn’t let go of paying my mortgage or anything like that!)

All I have to say is…God is really smart. When I actually get it through my thick skull to listen and trust…things go a lot smoother. My circumstances don’t necessarily change, but my thinking does and my joy expands.

God…really smart.

3 comments:

marci said...

So awesome Case! Seems like we've both been letting go of things lately! God is so awesome and so patient thank goodness!

melissa said...

I really appreciate these little notes in my e-mail...helps me get back on track - to focus on what's really important. In recovery we talk about "improving our conscious contact with God" and your posts help me to do that. Thanks, Casey!

Erin Luce said...

Yup... God is ridiculously smart. It was good to see you on Sunday, I didn't realize how much I miss you!