Apr 15, 2010

A Merry Heart

Proverbs 17:22 (NKJ)
“A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones.”

Isn’t it great to know that a merry heart is good for us? I don’t know about you, but it gives me great relief to know that being merry is not just a fun thing, but God’s Word says it’s good for me.

Sometimes I find myself being really intense. I know a lot of it is just my personality, I’m an intense person, but often I can be too serious. At times I’ve really needed someone to slap me in the face and say, “Hey…chill out…it’s gonna be okay.”

Yeah…I should chill out…it will be okay and God loves me and He thinks I’m pretty amazing. He wants me to smile, relax, and to not freak out. Go figure.

A merry heart sounds like too much fun to pass up on...I think I might try it more often...and take a few more chill pills.

1 comment:

Marci Day said...

yaye! sounds good to me! We should start the Merry Heart Club!