Jul 6, 2010

Learning to Lean a Little Bit More

When I was taking a stroll with my mom today at lunch I was praying silently to the Lord asking him to help me straighten up. I’ve been irritable today and I’m not sure why. I want to enjoy myself and the people around me. I want to feel safe and secure and soak in the joy that comes from the Lord and from my very blessed life.

My first instinct is to blame my bad attitude on others, but it’s not their fault, it’s mine. Today I’m choosing to be annoyed, frustrated, and well…poopy. Today I’m choosing to freak out at all the things I want to control but can’t…and it’s driving me crazy!

People aren’t always going to be nice. Family will annoy us. Friends will come and go or replace us with someone new and “better”. Every day we might have to deal with feelings of rejection, sadness, anger, frustration, or hurt. But even the Son of God had to deal with these things...He understands...and He handled every hurt and frustration with complete humilty and love. Maybe I can lean on Him a little bit more and glean from His goodness and patience once again...

Isaiah 53:3-7

He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

2 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Good word, Casey. Thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope!
~Melissa

Marci Day said...

hey case!
I miss you! I wish we could be walking through the park talking about our struggles and uplifting each other! Just remember we have not been given a spirit of fear (or anxiety)but of power and love and self-control! Thanks for always being honest with your struggles and your earnestness for Christ!