Aug 11, 2010

just hold your horses

Wesley and I were chatting outside on our lawn today at lunch. I had been cold all morning and the blazing sun made my entire body tingle with warmth. It was just what I needed. As we lounged on our blanket I mentioned how much I love the sound of the leaves rustling in the wind. Very relaxing.

That comment made Wesley think about the leaves and how they were already starting to fall in our yard. I then exclaimed, “I can’t believe it’s almost fall!” But then I started thinking about what I just said and how often we do that…jump to the next thing when it’s a ways off. It sounds a lot different to say, “Fall is almost here,” then, “Wow, we still have over a month left of summer!”

Realizing that we still have a month left of summer instead of thinking fall is almost here really made me feel different. It was quite calming actually.

So, I’m going to hang onto the fact that we still have plenty of summer left and that fall will get here in due time. So what if the leaves are starting to fall a little…maybe they just wanted to lay in the grass and soak up some rays with Wesley and me.

No comments: