Jan 22, 2010

Beer Bottles

As I was driving down the road today I saw a guy crouching down grabbing frantically at something that had fallen onto the pavement. Broken glass bottles lay all over. They were beer bottles. At least a dozen had hit the surface and exploded. I saw him grab one as he tried to gulp down the remaining contents.

It was sad, but it was also a little humorous. I know...it shouldn't have been. Poor guy. He did look pitiful. I can't say I understand how he felt since I don't drink alcohol but I can imagine for him it was a pretty traumatic event.

I'm not as horrible as I sound...I did say a prayer for him as I drove away...

But, I guess he did learn his lesson today. Don't walk a long distance with a huge box of full beer bottles...or at least next time get cans.

No comments: