Feb 17, 2010

I think I can, I think I can

I’m on a mission…

to think…

more positively.

It’s a lot harder than I thought it would be! I’m starting to realize how often I entertain negative thoughts when I don’t even realize it. You know, like woe-is-me thoughts. Jesus commands us to think about things that are true, lovely, pure, noble, and good. So when I think about depressing thoughts or woe-is-me thoughts I’m actually disobeying Him. Eeek.

So, like I said…I’m on a mission. I’m trying to be more aware of what I’m dwelling on. Am I thinking something negative or positive? Am I entertaining a thought that is uplifting or dragging me down? Am I being mean to myself by thinking how awful I am or how wonderful God has made me to be? Am I thinking how wonderful God made you to be?

It’s hard always trying to think positive…but it has to be possible since God tells us to do it. So…here I go!

No comments: