Feb 26, 2010

Olympics, Mom, and God

My mom is a die hard Olympic fan. Since the 2010 Olympics started she has stayed up every night to at least midnight to watch them. She loves the Olympics. I would be there right along with her except that Wesley and I don’t have a TV. Wes and I watched it last night though…with my mom. She was so tired I had to keep waking her up. Poor thing. She wanted so badly to watch the figure skating which just happened to be the last event they aired…of course. It didn’t start until 11pm.

“Mom…mom…Mom…MOM…MOM !!!”

NO response. She was dead out…sleeping like a baby. Finally I shook her and she slowly opened her eyes.

“Mom…the women’s final program is starting.”

She summoned every ounce of energy she had, sat up, and watched all six girls skate as well as the medal ceremony at the end. She looked so tired but she would not give up! You go mom!

God’s like that too…like my Mom. He’s relentless. He’s our number one fan and even if he’s dead tired (figuratively speaking) he will summon every ounce of energy He has to cheer us on to the end. He cheers us on even if we don’t medal. None of the USA girls medaled last night by the way…but my mom still watched them skate…she still cheered USA on and gave those girls her undivided attention.

Like I said…God’s like that too…He gives us His undivided attention even when he knows we won’t always come out on top. He just loves to watch us shine, and we don't have to be gold medal winners to shine like a star.

1 comment:

Marci Day said...

Awesome Case! A good reminder that God doesn't hold us up to the world's standards! He has standards of His own and is constantly encouraging us to move forward! Thanks Casey!