Feb 19, 2010

Late

I was upset yesterday…with God…because He didn’t give me what I asked for.

It seems silly now but I was running late and all I really wanted at that time was green lights and a great parking spot right by the entrance door. I mean, my friend was waiting for me and I was asking God in my most sweetest way.

“What! Another red light? Seriously?”

Okay…I might be hitting every red light but maybe God will give me the most amazing parking spot ever and it will make up for all the time I’ve lost. Of course…that’s what He’ll do!

Nope.

I had to park a block away and run to the restaurant. What’s the deal? Doesn’t God care that I didn’t want to be late? It wasn’t even my fault that I was running late…it was miscommunication! Come on!

After some thinking and soul searching I realized I may have been acting a little bit spoiled. Okay…a lot spoiled. Just because I ask for something doesn’t mean God has to give it to me. And the big clincher is…everything He does is good and perfect. So it was actually good for me that I didn’t get what I asked for at that time. Ugh.

Doesn’t it always seem to come back to trust? I have to trust that God loves me and does what’s best for me even when I’m running late and getting stuck behind the slowest driver’s in America and hitting every red light in the universe and having to park a mile away from the front door! Yes…even then God loves me and is taking care of me.

Could it be that learning trust and patience is more important than getting what I always want? Hmmmm….

No comments: