Nov 28, 2007

God's Love

When I did something "bad" as a child I knew my mom would still love me. I was never afraid that I would do something so horrible that she would not want to take care of me, bless me, or hold me. When did I ever allow myself to start believing that my heavenly Father wasn't the same? I sin and cringe, wondering what punishment I will receive from God. What will he take away? What will he do to correct me? What will he with hold?

I don't have to fear. I can trust that my God loves to take care of me, loves to bless me, even loves to prove His love for me when I do mess up. He's not out to get me. He cherishes me. He wants me to succeed, to be happy, to feel loved and protected. He wants more for me than I could ever imagine. So much more.

1 comment:

Glory Revealed said...

Good question. Why is it so hard for us to trust in God with our hearts when we know He is faithful? Excellent reminder Casey!