Oct 12, 2009

Sequins and Hardware

Michelle Quan and I are best friends. One year I went to watch her skate and she waved at me. I saw her through my mom’s binoculars and I knew that wave was meant for me, because we’re best friends. Okay, maybe we’re not quite best friends, but I’m sure if she knew me she would want to be best friends.

Last Saturday my mom, Wesley and I went to a figure skating regional competition in Medford. (Wesley was a real trooper, especially since we were there for about ten hours. He really is the best husband in the world. We did however have to walk around a nearby tool store for about an hour to counteract all of the sequins and twirling. The store was pretty interesting though and my mom and I did find some really cool clamps that are perfect for sealing chip bags!)

We actually did see some great skaters who might even make it to the 2010 Olympics. Then we can watch them on TV and know deep down in our hearts that when they wave to the camera, they are really waving at us.

I hope Michelle doesn’t get jealous.

No comments: