Oct 16, 2009

Unseen

I felt Lonely today. I know I’m not alone, but I just felt alone. I was going through one of those I’m-feeling-really-sorry-for-myself-and-I-know-I-shouldn’t-but-i-just-am days. I’m sure we all have those. At least, I’m telling myself we all have those days.

There are so many things my heart feels that are unseen to others. I have thoughts, disappointments, and heart aches that can be at times indescribable. It’s not that I’m against trying to share them. I have an amazing husband, friends, and family that I can talk to and get comfort from, who pray for me and encourage me and just brighten my day. But there are still those times that I know the only one who truly understands me is Jesus. Jesus gives me strength, not because He gives me what I want, but He gives me strength because I know simply that He understands me. He always gets me.

So yes, I felt lonely and sorry for myself today, but I think it was okay. And more than anything I have a Savior who isn’t rolling His eyes at me for feeling down. Instead, He’s squeezing my shoulder and whispering, “I know,” and that somehow makes everything bearable.

No comments: