Aug 28, 2007

Mornings

I love the morning. I love getting up early when it's quiet, peaceful and almost light. When the birds are just starting to chirp and the dew is heavy on the earth. I can hear God whispering in the morning. I can feel His breath and hear his heart. I think He likes the mornings too. I sit and drink a cup of coffee and read the Word and everything just seems to fall into place. God is there (most likely drinking some coffee as well) and He's grateful that I'm with Him, enjoying His presence.

I ran this morning as well. Its interesting...running that is. It's interesting to me how I actually get myself in the car, drive to Rita's and run. I don't really like to run. I like the feeling afterwards, but I hate it while I'm doing it. But, I decided to start running for the fact that I don't like to do it. It's pushes me beyond my comfort zone and too often in this world we only aim for the things that please us. When my legs and lungs start burning I start thinking to myself what Jesus went through as He stumbled through the streets heading for his death. If He can endure the Cross, surely I can endure the pain of running. Surely I can stretch myself a little bit and learn to discipline myself in things I don't necessarily like to do.

I'm not sure what peaceful mornings and running have to do with eachother but...there it is. I'm about to head off to SOU to register for my classes and I'm...excited. Its nice to be excited instead of fearful. It's nice to anticipate something in a good way. You know what...it's nice to just be alive.

2 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

I agree 100 percent!!!!

Mel said...

As a night owl, I've gotta say, I can't really relate :)