Aug 21, 2007

Seattle...Day 1

Blog mania! Isn't this fun? I love to read and write...why didn't I ever do this before? Ashley Nay...you silly girl! She is amazing isn't she?

Seattle. The land of rain, volcanoes, malls and Starbucks. Nothing calls to me more than the possiblity of having a latte in hand while reading a good book. This is what I call a vacation. Spice it up with some great friends and you've got yourself a real treat. Uh huh.

I sit in my friends apartment in downtown Bellevue, Washington, with the sound of cars in the distance and Jeremy Camp playing ever so softly. The clouds have not dissapointed...they are a reliable piece of Washington that greet me with open arms. However, as I sit in a somewhat pensive mood today I enjoy the grey. What is it about having our moods match the weather? Is God pensive with me? Or does He just understand?

Again I keep hearing the word 'surrender'. It always comes back to that doesn't it? Surrender, trust, patiently waiting for God's best. Surrender..."to relinquish possession or control of to another...to give up or back that which has been granted...the act of giving up one's person or possession's into the authority of another or relinquishing one's power, aims or goals". Ouch. This is according to the American Heritage Dictionary on the word 'surrender'.

Jeremy Camps song on surrender plays perfectly on cue. Lord, are you trying to say something? Hmmm.

"Father, give me the strength to believe. Give me the strength to walk by faith. Give me the courage to risk, to love and to trust."

3 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

There is a song by barlow girl. have you heard it? The words are so beautiful...you should listen to it if you havent.

Anyways the way i see it is everyday.. someday .. maybe today there comes a point where we have to say we are more in love with the gift giver than the gift. More in love with the God then the calling .. more in love with the king then his goodness. great job casey you are a wonderful writer!

Mel said...

cool blog casey! i like your style and i'm looking forward to reading more of your insights on more of a regular basis.

welcome to the world of blogging!
love you sister!!! xx

Anonymous said...

Casey Casey Casey

You are amazing, and I hope you do surrender! I'm sure it will be worth the ride! Miss you! Marci