Aug 23, 2007

Seattle...Day 3

I wish at times I could have lunch with someone random...just sit there and listen to what they have to say. I sit at a small table, outiside Bell Square, and write notes on my new red-mini calender I purchased at Barnes and Noble. It's quite cute. I watch the people walk by. I wonder where they are going and why. A few people smile at me as I sit alone, but most just walk by with a false look of determination. Is where they are heading really all that important? Does walking faster make one seem like they have more of a purpose?

An elderly lady sits close by and fiddles with her cell phone. She looks perplexed. I wonder how long she's actually owned a cell phone or if it's even hers. Her grandaughters maybe? I take a swig from my Starbucks White Mocha and soak in the sun...are rare surprise here in Northern Washington. A pleasant one though.

I hear my phone beep...it's my friend Emmy. She wants me to have curry with her and her mom tonight. I accept. Mmm...curry.

I grab my stuff and start walking down the street. I hear a band in the distance and go to check it out. I laugh. It's sidewalk rock-a-roke (the intense hard core version of karoke I would presume.) I sit and listen to three people make fools of themselves and love every minute of it. I applaud their courage.

It's nice today. Pleasant. I feel good. I enjoy this time alone. I smile. I say something to God, something that only He would understand. We both smile. Today is good.

3 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

you know what i love about you, marci and me all having a blog? Reading each of our different styles and subject matter. Its all so " us". i know what your saying about wondering.... I always want to know why. Im not content say Oh that persons fav color is blue, i want to know why its blue. umm the way we view the world around us.

Mel said...

Gorgeous girl! I can feel your joy, reading this blog.

(BTW I'm not sure why I crack you up...) :)

Mel said...

ok, i'm confused about why you got a new calendar at the end of august?

- is this another one of those southern/northern hemisphere things? cause it's your summer now, so it's the start of the year but our winter so we are in the middle of the year
- were Barnes and Noble having a sale on 2007 calendars because it is mid year?
- did you just see one you liked and decided to change calendars mid year?