Sep 16, 2007

Breathe

I love to sit in silence and breathe in God. Have you ever done that? Just closed your eyes and breathed Him in? He's there. He's in our breath...in our very being.

I imagine Him sitting with me, watching me, listening to every word I say. He listens carefully and doesn't make a move. His eyes are on me and He reads between every line, every fear, every apprehension. I can't hide from Him and this brings me comfort instead of fear.

He's here. He cares. He listens and acts on my behalf. He wants me to live a life of freedom.

What makes me doubt? What makes me break the silence? Why do I let go of His presence?

I close my eyes and rest my head on His shoulder. He never leaves my side. He never walks away. Always there. Always safe. I breathe Him in and I know He is good.

2 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

ahahah i do that too... the whole close your eyes and breathe ... thinking that each second, min, hour, we couldnt live without Gods grace to keep us alive

Mel said...

i need to do that more...thanks for the reminder casey.