Sep 20, 2007

Texas...day 1

Hope is like a seed, it needs to be watered, cultivated and nurtured with care. I talked to a man today that had given up on hope. I knew from God that is was by no accident that he sat next to me on a three hour plane ride. I don't believe in accidents. So, with obedience I listened to God's voice and breathed truth into our conversation. God wanted to cultivate his dry, hard ground and spring up new life.

Hope is passed from one person to the other. I came to Texas today to spend time with people that God so graciously placed in my life. They offer me hope. They water the seed that lives inside of me and spur it on towards growth.

People die without hope. Our entire existence surrounds hope. Without hope there is no faith. We hope in the things we cannot see. We have faith. Faith is the very foundation of our relationship with God. Paul said the most important things are faith, hope and love. Is it no wonder these are the very things the enemy wants to destroy in us?

May the God of peace fill you with hope and breathe new life into dry and weary bones.

1 comment:

Ashley Nay said...

Hope Hope Hope... for me it seems like that is what God has been teaching me. You want to know something funny? You cant have hope with out trust. this entire year has been about God putting me in situations where i have to trust him... the more i trust him the more i see hope in everything!