Sep 14, 2007

Favorite Things

It's starting to feel like Fall. Cool breeze. Colors change ever so slightly into those warm musky colors that make me want to snuggle up to something cozy. The beginnings of hot chocolate, comfy blankets and movie nights while it's raining outside. I love this time of year. I love watching the kids go to school with their new clothes and back packs on...all wide eyed and giddy with the new year. Pumpkins are getting ready to poke their orange goodness onto the world so we can carve them into creative faces. "Hello Pumpkins!"

I think God likes Fall. I usually think God likes everything that I like. But, since He is my bestfriend He would naturally love everything that I love. His favorite things would be Fall, peanutbutter, ice cream, rainbows on a slighty sunny day, cute little kids with pudgy little faces, stars at night, the ocean with all of it's mysteries, fluffly green trees, laughing, hugging, and everything that makes me wanna smile.

But nothing makes God happier than the people that make all these things worth while. What good is ice cream if you don't have anyone to share it with? What good is a gorgeous rainbow if you're all alone to see it? And hugging is pretty near impossible without someone to hug. The things I cherish in life are all the more dear to me when I'm with the people I love and care about. Friends, family, heck... even nice strangers, make the day's worth while.

Yea, these are definitely God's favorite things.

2 comments:

Ashley Nay said...

I couldnt agree more. But there are places, rooms in our heart people cant go, and its nice to know that when your eating icecream alone, God is there.... oh but to see the goodness of God in the land of the living

Anonymous said...

Case. you are amazing, and also a very good writer. Always bringing a sense of awe towards God. Love it! Can't wait to see you.-Seth