Sep 23, 2007

Texas...Day 4

It's my last morning in Texas. I strolled out of bed with 12 hours of sleep under my belt. I crashed last night. I was exhausted. Jordan pours me a cup of coffee and I sit comatose on their rocking chair while I stare off into the distance. Boy, I'm gonna miss them.

After I get some caffeine in me and allow the blood to disperse through my veins more evenly I realize I'm hungry and head for the pantry. I toast myself, Jordan and Ashley some cinnamon bread and we discuss the plans for the day until my flight heads out. I'm excited to be with them, sad to say goodbye.

As the morning slowly fades into the afternoon I realize I need to start packing my stuff up and get ready. Jordan says, "Why don't you just stay. All you have to do is miss your flight, it's as easy as that." I laugh and think what pandemonium that would be to shirk my life in Grants Pass. I don't even want to think about it.

It's at least good to know that all it takes to live somewhere are people you love. I could live in Timbuktu for the rest of my life if it was with people I care about and who care about me. Home is definitely where the heart is. Luckily, my heart is easy to transport around. :)